Saturday, November 16, 2013

Market Research

After trick or treat was over, my husband and I were left with an abundance of candy. Not wanting to let my inner fat kid completely take over and have snickers for breakfast, I decided I needed to find a way to make use of our leftovers, Pretty Sweet style. 

We had some of our friends over to test out my new creation, for which I have yet to come up with a name more clever than "Butterfinger Cupcakes." I feel another Simspons reference coming on...

Anyway, the first couple we had over to test the cupcakes approved to say the least. In fact, Erin gave arguably the most vulgar-and-complimentary-at-the-same-time response when she finished. She put the wrapper down and said "I think I need a cigarette." Admittedly I was shocked and flattered. 

Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of the first, ahem, satisfying cupcakes. Naturally, we had more friends over so I could whip up a fresh batch. Here they are, chocolate cupcakes with a butterfinger ganache center and peanut butter cream cheese frosting. 


And of course we need to see the center of these bad boys...


We have another couple coming tonight to complete our market research taste test, but I think it's safe to say these are making a permanent appearance on the menu. 

Any ideas on a catchy name?

No comments:

Post a Comment