Sunday, February 9, 2014

Take as needed.



One of my good friends recently underwent surgery. I wanted to send her something to keep her spirits up during recovery. As I was looking at different flower bouquets, I remember she once told me that when she starts dating a guy, she explains that if he ever needs to apologize, he should do so with food, not flowers.

So I began looking at the cookie bouquets from the flower companies.  Really just because I didn't want to bug Lindsay, I just wanted to let her know I was thinking of her and thought delivery was the way to go. But seriously, they were charging $5 a cookie before delivery. That's twice the price I charge for cookies! It became clear I would be making some homemade treats instead, which I'm sure will be more appreciated!

I had seen some cute ideas on Pinterest of pill-shaped cookies for a get well gift. I went with two styles in 4 colors. Caplets and capsules. I put sphere sprinkles on the capsules to look like they were filled. 


They turned out pretty adorable! I also got a nice large jar that most resembled a precipiton bottle to fill.


A nice kitschy label, and the get well gift was complete! I dropped them at her doorstep so I wouldn't disturb her and let her boyfriend know they were there. He has been patiently waiting for her to wake so he can have a dose. 

Stay sweet!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment