Sunday, March 2, 2014

Cookie Dough Overload

Today is one of my husband's best friends' birthday. His girlfriend also happens to be one of my dear friends. When I asked her what kind if cake he wanted for his birthday, his answer was that he likes cookies more than cake. I had just the answer... Cookie dough cake!!



I've traditionally done my "Dough!" Recipe as cupcakes. But I have been wanting to try it as an over the top cookie dough overload cake. 

I have to say it was a success!!


The top and bottom layers were a traditional yellow cake while the middle layer was eggless cookie dough. The cake was then frosted with a cookie dough flavored frosting and garnished with cookie strips and mini chocolate chips to form the "29."

The cake was almost 5 inches tall and every bit as decadent as it sounds. The top and bottom layers were the same height to begin with. you can tell how heavy the cake was by looking at how much smaller the bottom layer is now!

There is no better way to consume massive amounts of cookie dough than with cake and frosting to go with.

Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment