Sunday, March 2, 2014

He's cute, he's sweet, and so much fun, the little sweetheart is turning one!

Birthdays are in the air! My old friend Erin contacted me about doing her son's first birthday cake and smash cake. I was so excited when she told me it was a sweetheart theme because Jackson was a little Valentine baby. 

She sent me this invite and wanted to stick to a teal chevron and red heart theme. 

She also wanted a red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting. That complicated the idea of fondant because while cream cheese frosting must be refrigerated, fondant cannot be. 

So I stuck with a clean frosted cake and used a 50/50 mix of marshmallow fondant and modeling chocolate just as the decorations. 

The cake turned out stunning, don't you think?! 

I also made a matching smash cake with chevron sides using the petal method. 


I think someone enjoyed it...





No comments:

Post a Comment