Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bigger. Is. Better.

My husband's secretary's birthday was today, so he requested I make a special treat for the office. Christine loves my cookie dough stuffed cupcakes with cookie dough frosting. Instead of reinventing the wheel and turning it into a traditional layer cake, I figured I'd just make a giant cupcake. Plus, I was excited to try out my new pan. 

This is what the traditional sized Dough! cupcakes look like:



Let me tell you, this cupcake was HUGE. Of course I don't use boxed cakes, but the instructions on the box call for 1-2 box mixes, depending on how big you want the cake. 


The cupcake is cooked in two pieces, top and bottom. I didn't want to use fondant for the "wrapper," because I've been enjoying my recent experiments with modeling chocolate. That's what I used and it turned out great. The flavor is much much better as well. 

The center was then hollowed out and filled with a cup and a half of jumbo chocolate chip cookie dough. 

Here's the giant cupcake next to a traditional wrapper for comparison:


That's a BIG cupcake! After the frosting was added, it topped out at about 7" tall.  My husband and his coworkers enjoyed some for lunch and sent this...


Everyone was pleased. And ready to close the office for nap time. 

Stay sweet!!

Remember to like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/PrettySweetEvents

No comments:

Post a Comment