Thursday, January 9, 2014

Gucci. Michael Kors. Tiffany's. A girl's gotta eat her birthday cake in style!

One of my nearest and dearest friends turned the big 3-0 on Saturday (even though she looks 16 still-- bitch).  Paula is a very lucky girl.  She has four of the best friends in the world, and I'm not just saying that because I'm one of them.  Although we occasionally get together with all of us, we're not a group of five best girl friends; we are instead each a devoted best friend to Paula.

Paula is a lot of things besides being a great friend.  She is also wonderfully high maintenance and a total designer snob.  And I love it.  Naturally, I decided it was necessary to do a 3-tiered fondant covered cake.  The bottom tier: Gucci; the middle tier: Michael Kors; the top tier: Tiffany's.

Although I spent time making a Gucci stencil to make this part go quicker, the stencil was stubborn.  Instead, I hand painted the entire first tier.

Of course, the only acceptable flavor:  PINK.  VELVET.

Getting the right Tiffany blue was much easier with the Tiffany bag in front of me-- the other girls and I had already gotten Paula a necklace for a gift.

 And... voila!!  She loved the cake, and so did everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment